Sunday, December 04, 2005

An Ode to Eternity

If I be fond of the sea, and all that is of the sea, and fondest of it when it angrily contradicts me;

If the exploring delight be in me, which impels sails to the undiscovered, if the seafarer's delight be in my delight;

If ever my rejoicing has called out: "The shore has vanished, now has fallen from me the last chain";

"The boundless roars around me, far away sparkle for me space and time, well cheer up! Old heart!"

Oh how could I not be ardent for eternity, and for the marriage ring of rings - The Ring of the Return?

Never yet have I found the woman by whom I should like to have children, unless it be this woman whom I love: For I love you Oh Eternity!

For I love you, Oh Eternity!

(Adopted from Thus Spake Zarathustra, by Friedrich Nietzche)

In the face of such sublime artistry, I have no words left to speak.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your blog dennis. How long has it been on-line? Reason I ask is I am doing a ton of work in the area of cord blood stem cell banks and will probably end up starting a blog of my own. Funny how the internet brought me here when I was doing searches on cord blood stem cell banks. Oh well, I am glad it did. Keep up the great blogging and I am sure I will visit An Ode to Eternity again!!

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

All I can say is WOW dennis. The other half and I just got back from our friends house (well her friends house) and I needed a huge break. I am working on a project right now that is based on cord blood registry cbrs. I have literally been on-line for 2-3 hours doing research. Even though An Ode to Eternity really isn’t on the same page as cord blood registry cbrs I am certainly glad I came across your blog. There are a ton of great view points on this blog. Well I think I can here the kids screaming in the background. I put you in my internet favorites and I will certainly come back and visit. If you want to take a peek at my site you can find me here at cord blood registry cbrs. I update my site very frequently. Again, great job blogging and I will be back again soon!

4:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home