Sunday, November 20, 2005

Sharing melodies

Once upon a time I used to love picking up a guitar and strumming, singing rubbish and writing songs. Long time friends would remember monstrosities such as "The Camfgians", "Modern Lutist", "Yesterday" and "Quadripledgic". Nowadays, the inspiration doesn't quite flow as smoothly, perhaps stoppered by the counter current of time. However, once in a while I would still love to share some pieces around. Here are 2 of my songs...inspired by religious sentiments. You can download the mp3 below.
When
When you call out to me
There are many times I cannot hear
There are many times I can't draw near
When tomorrow becomes unclear
When you whisper my name
I can feel it's not the same
Take me back, show me how, I know it's now
I cannot wait, there's a door in me that I must open
Pour out your love, take me closer take me to the moment
Where you are found, where love is all around
Take my life, there's nothing I can't leave behind
When I stand on my own
Doing anything I want to do
Keeping everything I want from you
And forsaking what I know is true
When I'm spinning my wheel
When I'm blind towards the hurt you feel
Right my wrong, make me strong, lead me on
O My Child
Goodbye to the days of searching your heart
Where memories tear you apart
Groping in the dark you have found the spark
And suddenly you have a new start
You must be oh so tired
You couldn't count the times that you cried
A helping hand you desired
And now you hear the voice
The still small voice that comes from inside
Saying O my child, it took you a while
But you answered me today, now I'm coming in to stay
I will take your hand, and then you'll understand
A futile chase you leave behind, an endless stream of love you'll find
Welcome to the days of growing in love
With mercies that are so undeserved
Walking in the light throughout the long night
Surrounded by a feeling so right

Download "When"
Download "O My Child"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home