Monday, November 28, 2005

Transition and Continuity


My department recently organised a career fair, with the intention of helping personnel whose contracts would not be renewed to begin a second career. With little or no relevant experience it has always been an uphill struggle for them to find new employment at the same remuneration rates as before. Moments of empathy united with the transient joy of chewing sesame-sprinkled chicken wings, even as I stood wistfully before a booth of impossibility. And for awhile I could not distinguish one bubbling cauldron of emotions from another.
With the numbing, destabilizing twinges of transition still ringing in my ears, I was awakened later by a familiar voice, inviting me to resume a recently discarded coaching role. Formidable mother and son, you unleashed a devastating bolt of continuity unto the landscape of transition, with results I am almost frightened to face. You flagged the epic tug-of-war between two irreconcillable states, and with every pull it seems that my inspiration trickles away with macho sweat. On a plain canvas you splash your contradictory colours and deliberate your dastardly stroke. A part of me flutters with your creation, you restore equilibrium to my jagged predisposition.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home